Quick & Easy Couscous🧣
So here we are with a quick lunch/dinner recipe thank is perfect for winters. This warm couscous is so delicious that I always batch cook it. Works very well for meal preps!
~ Cook the couscous
• Heat some water ( I take 2cups of water for 1cup of couscous)
• When the water comes to a boil add in the couscous
• I usually do this in the microwave so it takes 5 mins for the water to boil, then I add the couscous and cook it for another 5 mins
• Once done add in a tsp of olive oil, mix it and allow the couscous to cool (this ensures that your couscous is not sticky)
~Sauce & Dressing
• For the dry dressing- dry roast 1 red chili, 3tbsp peanuts, 2tbs shredded coconut, 5-6 curry leaves, 1tbsp split chickpea lentil (chana dal)
• Coarsely grind the mixture and keep it aside (normally I make this powder in bulk. It works really well on salads. Also reduces the cooking time on a weekday)
•Sauce- In a bowl take 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp paprika powder, 1/4tsp asafoetida, juice of 1 lime, 1tsp honey, 2tbsp olive oil and salt to your taste
• Now in a wok, heat 1tsp of oilve oil, add in 1/2cup of mixed nuts(I used peanuts & cashews)
• Once the turn are slightly roasted add in the couscous. Mix it well.
• Now add in the sauce that we made and cook it for a min
• Add in the dry dressing
• Add in 1 cup of grated carrot, 2tbsp of dried chives (optional)
• Add in 1/3 cup of cranberries
• Before serving add in some pomegranate and rucola.
This deliciousness is ready. Perfect for winters. The dry peanut dressing adds the much needed warmth in the recipe.
Do give this a try!!
ps. The total cooking time is not more than 15mins😉
Let’s rock our weekday lunch/dinner now!!🤗