Eggplant Spread 🍆🍆
This smoked eggplant spread/dip is a very easy recipe that can make any meal delicious. A versatile dish that goes with almost everything!!
• In a baking dish add in the eggplant (1 medium)(I added cut eggplants but I recommend adding whole. This will ensure that the eggplant is more juicy), carrots (1 medium size), onion (1 small), garlic pods (3 large), red bell peppers (1 medium)(I added in 1/2 sweet long pepper) and cherry tomatoes (4)
• Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper
• In a preheated oven, roast it at 200C for 20min or until the vegetables turn soft and slightly charred
• Blend the veggies to a spread like consistency (add little water if required)
• Top it with some olive oil, parsley and olives
I served them with some puffed corn cakes.
You can serve it with some toasted pita bread, crusty bread even goes very well with some Indian chapatti.
You can literally serve it with any thing!!